Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3: Tax Senior-Supervisor
Stay up to date with the latest tax law changes. These courses provide a link to a frequently updated tax supplements page.
NASBA Field of Study
Capitalize on emerging cross-selling opportunities.
Identify the more difficult areas for experienced tax compliance specialists by focusing on understanding business strategies and analyzing your client's competitive position, then converting this knowledge into tax planning and business advice.
Increasing exposure to specialized tax niches will position your work force to capitalize on emerging cross-selling opportunities. Key subject matters covered include
- FASB ASC 740 and deferred income taxes
- Estates and trusts
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Real estate transactions
- Advanced S corporation concepts
This level will give staff, seniors, and supervisors the confidence to begin assuming client and engagement management responsibilities. Two additional case study-based courses have been added to the curriculum. These give staff, seniors, and supervisors opportunity to work through real-life, application-based scenarios.
- Form 990 - Mastering Its Unique Characteristics
- Income Tax Accounting
- Estate & Trust Primer
- Real Estate Taxation
- Advanced Tax Planning S Corporations
- Introduction to Business Acquisitions
- Reviewing Individual Returns: What Are You Missing?
- Reviewing S Corps Returns
Tax Staff Essentials is a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that provides tax training for four different experience levels and is available in four different formats: Online, On-site, Tax Schools and Webcasts.
Who Will Benefit
- Seniors and supervisors
- Using IRAs in strategic plans
- S corporation current developments: tax planning impact
- Use of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries (QSUB) and trusts (QSST)
- Shareholder compensation planning
- Types of trusts and trustee powers
- Basic concept of estate planning
- Advantages and disadvantages comparison of business entities
- Business acquisition basics
- Asset versus stock-based transactions
- Valuation considerations
- In-depth look at Form 990 and all related schedules
- Tax issues facing tax-exempt organizations
- Identify circumstances that warrant converting from S corporation to C corporation and gain a basic understanding of how to make the conversion.
- Interpret tax issues related to the formation of a corporation.
- Understand the complex rules of basis and distributions.
- Apply the rules related to acquisitions and liquidations of S corporations.
- Explain the uses of trusts as S corporation shareholders.
- Understand the concept of a trust and the various types of trusts.
- Advise clients on filing requirements for Forms 706 and 709.
- Identify the elements of an estate and grantor trusts.
- Understand the basic steps in a business acquisition.
- Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business.
- Structure compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers.
- Prepare and use Forms 990, 990-EZ, and related schedules.
- Understand which organizations must file returns and which are exempt.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.