SOC for Service Organizations Reporting Essentials
Gain a basic understanding of SOC for service organizations examinations before learning how to perform a SOC engagement or use the report.
NASBA Field of Study
Patrick A. Morin
New to SOC reporting?
Many organizations outsource services for various reasons. They rely on controls at those service organizations for assurance.
A SOC for service organizations report on internal control related to the services provided by a service organization provides valuable information that users need to address and assess the risks and controls associated with outsourcing.
Patrick Morin, an experienced service auditor, will provide you with an overview of SOC for service organizations reporting. Obtain a basic understanding of SOC for service organizations examinations before learning how to perform an engagement or use a report.
Who Will Benefit
- Service auditors
- Service organization management
- Financial statement auditors
- Internal auditors
- Entities that outsource functions to service organizations
- Purposes of SOC 1®, SOC 2®, and SOC 3® reports
- Differences among the reports and their intended users
- Standards that are relevant and applicable to SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 reporting engagements
- Common peer review findings related to SOC engagements
- Recall key information related to SOC for service organizations examinations.
- Differentiate between SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 reports.
- Identify the guidance that is relevant and applicable to SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 reporting engagements.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.