SOC 1® Planning, Executing, and Reporting
Gain a basic understanding of SOC 1 examinations before learning how to perform the engagement or use the report.
NASBA Field of Study
Patrick A. Morin
Gain a solid foundation
Many organizations outsource services that affect financial reporting. SOC 1 reports provide pertinent information on internal control to outsourcing organizations and their auditors to assess and address the risks and controls associated with outsourced services.
This course will provide you with an overview of SOC 1 reporting. Patrick Morin, an experienced service auditor, will cover the basics of planning, executing, and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting at a service organization to prepare you for your SOC 1 examination.
Who Will Benefit
- Service auditors
- Service organization management
- Financial statement auditors
- Internal auditors
- Entities that outsource functions to service organizations
- SOC 1 report planning considerations
- Management’s responsibilities
- Evaluation and testing of controls related to financial reporting
- SOC 1 reporting matters and considerations
- Completing a SOC 1 engagement
- Identify SOC 1 planning considerations and responsibilities.
- Recall how to execute procedures related to design and operating effectiveness of controls, and evaluate results.
- Recognize requirements for reporting on and completing a SOC 1 engagement.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.