SOC for Cybersecurity Certificate Program
Help your clients navigate threats as a trusted business adviser for their cybersecurity risk management programs. Learn how with this self-paced CPE certificate program
NASBA Field of Study
Tony Chapman, Anurag Sharma
The state of cyber-threats and the measures against them
Cybersecurity threats are escalating, unnerving the boards of directors, managers, investors and other stakeholders of organizations of all sizes – whether public or private.
The result? Your clients are under pressure to demonstrate that they are managing threats. And that they have effective processes and controls in place to detect, respond to, mitigate and recover from cybersecurity events.
The framework for cybersecurity attestation
SOC for Cybersecurity meets a growing business need for attestation. It's a solution that builds upon the accounting profession's experience in auditing system and organization controls.
For clients whose cybersecurity risk management programs are mature, an independent CPA can perform an examination and express an expert opinion:
- Is the program accurately described?
- Are the controls effective?
Your opportunity as a cybersecurity adviser
This self-study certificate helps you understand how to perform SOC for Cybersecurity attestation examinations using the AICPA's new cybersecurity risk management reporting framework.
As a certificate recipient, you'll be among the first to showcase your knowledge about the AICPA's profession-wide approach to cybersecurity.
Our family of tech-specific certificates
Get the bigger story on cybersecurity, plus other certificates for accountants and finance professionals.
Free eBook with purchase
Reporting on an Entity's Cybersecurity Risk Management Program and Controls - Attestation Guide is included (an $89 value) and will automatically be added to your cart when you purchase this certificate.
Created by the AICPA, this authoritative guide provides interpretive guidance to enable CPAs to examine and report on an entity's cybersecurity risk management program and controls within that program.
The guide delivers a framework designed to provide stakeholders with useful, credible information about the effectiveness of an entity's cybersecurity efforts.
Digital badges: Your professional distinction
After you complete the three-part webcast series, you will be awarded a certificate in the form of a digital badge.
Proudly display it anywhere on the internet – a personal blog, a social site such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter, Open Badges, a bio page on a company website or your email signature ;
- Cyberthreat landscape and the terminology used to describe various aspects of cybersecurity
- Various SOC services
- Components of cybersecurity risk management program
- How to use the description criteria
- How to use the control criteria to assess an entity's controls over cybersecurity
- Key considerations prior to accepting a cybersecurity examination engagement and key planning considerations
- Key steps involved in performing the cybersecurity risk management examination
- Cybersecurity risk management program overview
- Understand the AICPA's Cybersecurity Risk Management reporting framework and how IT organizations and practitioners may use it to evaluate controls and communicate certain cybersecurity information to interested parties.
- Analyze the components of an organization's cybersecurity risk management program.
- Recognize the performance and reporting requirements of a SOC for Cybersecurity examination.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.