SEC Filings and Other Activities
Learn the main types of SEC filings and make appropriate investment decisions. Participants will explore filing requirements, discover disclosure best practice, and gain insight into SEC hot topics.
NASBA Field of Study
Unlock SEC filings
Get the expertise and knowledge all practitioners need to excel as a preparer or reviewer of SEC filings. Participants will:
- Get hands-on experience preparing annual reports, quarterly reports, current reports, and proxy statements in compliance with SEC requirements.
- Learn to prepare or review financial statements and their related disclosures.
Participants will receive the foundation needed to succeed in this arena.
This course provides CPE credit in the Accounting (1.5) field of study.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors in public practice with SEC registrants as clients
- Financial reporting managers of registrants
- Companies planning to go public
- Rules and regulations pertaining to various forms of SEC filings
- SEC final rules to modernize and simplify certain disclosure requirements
- Significant new accounting and PCAOB standards
- Recognize key required disclosures on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, registration statements, and proxy statements.
- Recall recent SEC activities.
- Recognize SEC’s staff guidance and staff practice issues.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.