SEC and PCAOB Update
Learn the process of going public and the function of SEC. Acknowledge highlights of the 2021 AICPA Conference on Current SEC and PCAOB Developments.
NASBA Field of Study
Stay current on SEC and PCAOB updates
Review a broad range of topics addressed at the 2020 AICPA Conference on Current SEC and PCAOB Developments.
Gain an understanding of the SEC’s key reporting rules, filings, and the roles of various participants in the reporting process.
Recall the legislative and interpretive guidance for emerging growth companies and smaller reporting companies.
This course provides CPE credit in the Accounting (6.5) and Auditing (.5) fields of study.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors in public practice with SEC registrants as clients
- Financial reporting managers of registrants
- Companies planning to go public
- Major trends and rulemaking activities discussed at the 2020 AICPA Conference on Current SEC and PCAOB Developments
- SEC fundamentals regarding securities statutes, filing requirements, and the relationship between the SEC and the accounting profession
- Identify the SEC, the law it administers, key reporting rules, and the relationship between the SEC and the accounting profession.
- Recognize various topics discussed at the 2020 AICPA conference on current SEC and PCAOB developments.
- Identify the registration process, the legislative and interpretative guidance for emerging growth companies and smaller reporting companies, as well as the impact of the pandemic on public companies and auditors.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.