Robotic Process Automation Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate
This certificate focuses on robotic process automation benefits to enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile.
NASBA Field of Study
Steve Palomino, Miklos Vasarhelyi, Edward Brooks, Andrea Rozario, Abigail Zhang
** Ensure a competitive advantage
By 2020, 40% of manual accounting tasks are predicted to be automated, which can ensure a competitive advantage. With advanced preparation and strategy, rollout can be timely and result in significant hours saved.
This certificate will focus on robotic process automation benefits and how the use of software robots can enable your business or clients to become more competitive and agile. You will gain an understanding of the risks, opportunities, and organizational impact of automation while learning the decision criteria and key considerations needed to build a business case and run a successful proof-of-concept. You will also understand the steps and governance needed to implement or advise clients on how to implement successfully.
- Understanding Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Building an RPA Business Case
- Implementing RPA Applications
- Governance, Risks and Controls for RPA
- Organizational Process Implications of RPA
- How RPA Can Be Used in an Audit
- Automation Beyond RPA
Upon completing the seven modules, you will earn a digital badge to proudly display anywhere on the internet—a personal blog; a social network like LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter; Mozilla Open Badges; a biographical page on a company website, or an online resume. Set yourself apart as a future-ready financial professional.
To learn more about the Robotic Process Automation Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate, click here.
- What RPA is and the business value of RPA
- RPA applications and use cases that make the most sense
- Decision criteria and steps needed to build a business case
- Considerations, risks, and challenges to implementing RPA
- Governance and controls considerations for a digital workforce
- Accounting, finance, and organizational impact of RPA
- How RPA might affect an audit
- Future of RPA and automation trends, with a focus on intelligent process automation (IPA)
- Recognize what RPA is and its business value, with specific focus on accounting and finance functions.
- Identify the opportunities and use cases for automation.
- Recognize the decision criteria needed to build a business case.
- Recognize key risks and challenges that need to be addressed before implementing RPA
- Recognize the governance and controls considerations for addressing automation risks.
- Recognize the key components to implementing RPA.
- Recognize the accounting, finance, and operational process implications of RPA.
- Recognize audit implications associated with RPA.
- Recognize future trends of automation.
Try this product for 3 days — 100% free*
You're invited to experience all the benefits and see to if this learning product is right for you. When the trial ends, full paid access and auto-renewal will begin for your convenience. Opt out at any time before the free trial ends.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.