PFP Standards and Responsibilities
Learn about the latest developments in professional standards and ethics required by the AICPA.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the PFP Practical Applications Certificate Program.
The Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services No. 1 (SSPFPS No. 1) provides a comprehensive roadmap for the practice of personal financial planning at a professional level.
In this audiovisual course updated for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and other recent trends and developments, Tom Tillery explains the professional standards and ethics required by the AICPA, including:
- Unauthorized practice of law
Gain the necessary information you need to incorporate these requirements into your professional practice and client engagements.
- Professional standards and ethics, as required by the AICPA
- The Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services
- Recall the AICPA Principle of Professional Conduct, defined as "the quality from which the public trust derives and the benchmark against which a member must ultimately test all decisions."
- Identify the AICPA Principle of Professional Conduct that is derived from a "synthesis of education and experience."
- Select the discipline that is not regulated as a profession.
- Determine when Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services No. 1 applies.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.