PFP Regulatory and Fiduciary Landscape
Covers SSPFPS-No.1 and the laws that govern the securities industry, the regulatory landscape, and the fiduciary duty of the financial planner.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the PFP Practical Applications Certificate Program.
The regulatory and fiduciary landscape for personal financial planning is complex. Practitioners who practice in this discipline face a challenging regulatory maze.
SSPFPS-No. 1 provides a roadmap to traverse this maze and gives an understanding of the regulatory landscape, which is crucial to effectively practice the discipline.
In this audiovisual course, Tom Tillery discusses key areas you need to understand, and adhere to, in order to effectively provide financial planning services, including:
- The regulatory landscape
- The fiduciary duty of the financial planner
- Registration and licensing requirements
- Professional liability and compliance requirements
Also covered are some of the laws that govern the securities industry:
- Securities Act of 1933
- Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Investment Company Act of 1940
- Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Recognize who may provide personal financial planning services.
- Identify the how a personal financial planner is regulated.
- Select the securities Act known as the "truth in securities" law.
- Identify what constitutes compensation for a registered investment adviser.
- Recall the regulatory exclusion that exempts an adviser from registering as an investment adviser.
- Choose which government agency is tasked with the enforcement of the Securities Act of 1933.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.