Personal Financial Planning Process
Covers elements of the overall planning process, including gathering data, establishment of financial objectives and identification of constraints.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the PFP Practical Applications Certificate Program.
Personal financial planning is a process with multiple steps requiring a disciplined approach to gathering data and responding to scope limitations and conflicts of interest. Each step in the PFP process has the potential to change the direction of the engagement.
In this audiovisual CPE course, Tom Tillery covers elements of the overall planning process, including:
- Gathering data
- Establishment of financial objectives
- Identification of constraints
This course also covers The Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services (SSPFPS) No. , and the seven steps in the PFP process.
Finally, you'll also gain a deep knowledge of the spending plan and the statement of financial position, documents you'll need to understand to be able to best serve your personal financial planning clients.
- CPAs and financial planners with basic knowledge of personal financial planning and an interest in estate planning.
- Recognize the steps in the personal financial planning process.
- Select the step in the personal financial planning process that defines the client's responsibilities.
- Recall the requirements of the Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services No. 1, in the case of a conflict of interest.
- Identify the step in the personal financial planning process that addresses scope limitations.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.