Performing a Review Engagement Part I
A convenient, accessible way for firms to train their staff in this area of practice, this CPE course provides fundamental training on the performance standards associated with review engagements.
NASBA Field of Study
Kimberly Burke, Hugh Parker
This CPE course is included in the 15-hour Preparation, Compilation, and Review Staff Essentials program. It can also be purchased as a part of the Review Engagements Series.
This innovative CPE course has been designed to provide a convenient, accessible way for firms to train their staff in this area of practice. With the introduction of the SSARS No. 21, Statement on Standards for Accounting and Review Services: Clarification and Recodification, this area of practice will be experiencing a level of change not seen in over 30 years. This CPE course provides fundamental training on the performance standards associated with review engagements. This enhanced learning program contains a customized "learning coach" to create a flexible, engaging learning experience. This CPE course has also been updated to reflect the most recent changes resulting from the issuance of SSARS No. 22 and SSARS No. 23, to help practitioners comply with the latest developments in regulation.
- Accepting or continuing a client relationship
- Establishing an understanding with the client
- Obtaining knowledge of the industry and client's business
- Obtaining sufficient appropriate review evidence
- Different sources of review evidence
- Reading the financial statements to ensure that they are correct in form and free from obvious error
- Communicating information with management or those charged with governance
- Documenting the review engagement using a work program, bridging documents, forms, and checklists
- Changes in the level of service from audit to review
- Identify the performance standards for a review engagement.
- Recognize the minimum documentation requirements for a review engagement.
- Recall the forms and checklists typically used in a review engagement.
- Compare the change in level of service from an audit to a review.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.