Overview: Construction Contractors: Accounting and Auditing
This overview highlights the key learning objectives and topics that are addressed in the full Construction Contractors: Accounting and Auditing course and the smaller accounting focused and auditing focused derivative courses. From important accounting concepts such as revenue recognition to auditing risk in the construction world, this course summarizes the critical topics covered in the larger courses.
NASBA Field of Study
James Wiedemann, Robert Mercado
Begin to explore the nuances of working with construction contractors.
From contract accounting and significant leases to unique risks and supplementary information, this overview course highlights the key topics covered in the Construction Contractors: Accounting and Auditing family of courses.
- Take a deep dive into contract accounting and revenue recognition.
- Learn about sureties and how they are a key player in the industry.
- Get up to speed on the newest auditing tips for contractors and become familiar with the new auditor’s reporting guidance.
Who Will Benefit
- Auditors of construction contractors.
- New staff auditors with responsibilities in the construction sector.
- Contract accounting
- Revenue recognition
- Working with a surety
- Job costs
- Auditing contracts
- Auditor's reporting
- Recall the common steps in the construction process and the common players in the industry.
- Identify significant accounting considerations for construction contractors.
- Recall considerations of auditors when servicing construction contractors.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.