Overview: Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA
Review key audit considerations in planning, testing, and reporting on employee benefit plan audits.
NASBA Field of Study
Deloitte & Touche, LLP
The DOL and the AICPA Peer Review Team continue to identify issues in the audits of ERISA plans. Ensure compliance with auditing standards and regulations affecting ERISA plan audits, including SAS No. 136 considerations for ERISA plan financial statements, with periods ending on or after December 15, 2021, with early implementation permitted.
Perform quality audits
Through this high-level overview of ERISA plan audits, identify areas of interest to you so that you may perform enhanced quality audits.
Who Will Benefit
Auditors of employee benefit plans (EBPs), practitioners considering the addition of EBP audits as a service offering, and accountants in business and industry responsible for company benefits.
- Common ERISA plans and related financial statements.
- Key considerations in an ERISA plan audit related to planning, testing, and reporting, including written communications.
- Audit considerations for defined benefit, health and welfare, and employee stock purchase plans, plans that file Form 11-K.
- Other considerations such as prohibited transactions and plan status.
- Identify Common types of ERISA plans and related financial statements.
- Recall Key considerations in an ERISA plan audit in accordance with the guidance related to planning, testing, and reporting.
- Recognize other audit considerations specific to ERISA plan audits.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.