Onpoint EBP Essentials
Understanding how to use OnPoint EBP to perform efficient and high-quality employee benefit plan audits.
NASBA Field of Study
Authored by subject matter expert at CPA.com and AICPA
OnPoint EBP – Product Training
OnPoint EBP is a cloud-based application designed to streamline your audit process using a unique plan profile that drives risk assessment, generates disclosures, and links directly to appropriate testing procedures and templates. The built-in collaboration tool streamlines documentation gathering, keeping important client data secure inside the engagement binder.
Begin your journey and learn how to optimize employee benefit plan audits using OnPoint EBP - Created by Auditors for Auditors. Gain the knowledge to efficiently and effectively perform employee benefit plan audits that are within scope of the tool.
Areas covered include:
- Complete the Plan Profile form to identify risk
- Use audit programs and testing templates
- Explain how diagnostics and guardrails are employed to guide you
- Identify the key activities than enable the completion and delivery of an engagement
- Discover the tools built into OnPoint EBP that enable and efficient file review
Gain practical experience
The practical hands-on exercise uses real-world examples, designed to give accounting professionals real-world knowledge and an understanding of OnPoint EBP processes and efficiencies.
- Employee Benefit Plan auditors
- Recognize the benefits of using OnPoint EBP for employee benefit plan audits.
- Understand the guided methodology that drives quality and efficiency and identify the common risk profile present in in-scope plans.
- Differentiate between basic functionalities within the Smart Engagement platform.
- Identify the default workflow designed into OnPoint EBP.
- Become familiar with the procedures and steps to create and accept an engagement.
- Complete the Plan Profile form to identify risk present in the plan and draft disclosure notes in the financial statements.
- Document use of subservice organizations, evaluate control design.
- Use the included sampling methodology to determine proper sample sizes for testing.
- Use audit programs and testing templates to complete audit testing.
- Explain how diagnostics and guardrails are employed to guide you while completing an engagement.
- Identify the key activities than enable the completion and delivery of an engagement.
- Discover the tools built into OnPoint EBP that enable and efficient file review.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.