Not-for-Profit Certificate II - Financial Reporting
This series of CPE courses is part of Not-for-Profit Certificate II. Learn techniques to successfully prepare an NFP's financial statements, assess relationships with other NFP and for-profit organizations to determine if consolidation is required, and how to interpret and analyze a set of NFP financial statements.
NASBA Field of Study
This series of video-based CPE courses is included in the Not-for-Profit Certificate II Program. This track can be purchased individually or as a part of the full Certificate Program.
Learn from the experts with this video-based, on-demand learning experience. Set yourself apart and get the tools and strategies you need to sharpen your skills in not-for-profit (NFP) financial reporting. The program builds on core concepts as you get insights from industry leaders. You will learn techniques to successfully prepare an NFP’s financial statements, assess relationships with other not-for-profit and for-profit organizations to determine if consolidation is required, and interpret and analyze a set of NFP financial statements. This self-paced program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Activities
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Statement of Functional Expenses
- Financial Statement Note Disclosures for NFPs
- Interpreting and Analyzing Financial Statements
- Preparing Consolidated Financial Statements
Note: As of August 1, 2018, Not-for-Profit Certificate Program content has been updated to reflect implementation of FASB Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) effective for most not-for-profit entities for their next financial reporting period, including those related to financial statement presentation (ASU 2016-14) and revenue recognition (ASU 2014-09 and ASU 2018-08).If you started but did not complete Not-for-Profit Certificate II prior to July 31, click here to find out how this and related course updates affect you. If you completed the program prior to July 31 and would like to retake only those courses with significant updates for new standards, click here to learn about the Certificate II Update Pack.
- Financial statement preparation
- Statements of financial position
- Statements of activities
- Statements of cash flows
- Statements of functional expenses
- Consolidated financial statements
- Direct versus indirect cash flow statements
- Analysis of financial statements
- Presentation options available to NFPs
- Common errors in NFP accounting and financial reporting
- Financial reporting trends and techniques
- Identify how to prepare a complete set of not-for-profit financial statements in accordance with GAAP, including implementation of FASB Accounting Standards Updates likely to be effective for most NFPs’ next financial reporting periods.
- Identify how the financial statements interrelate.
- Analyze a fact pattern to determine the effect of a particular transaction or significant event on the NFP’s financial statements.
- Assess the financial health of an NFP using ratio analysis and other methods.
- Recognize potential red flags in an NFP’s financial statements.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.