Not-for-Profit Certificate II - Governance and Assurance
This series of CPE courses is part of Not-for-Profit Certificate II. Learn how to measure performance, create a controllable budget, and drive the strategic planning process to achieve mission success.
NASBA Field of Study
Cathy J. Clarke, Audrey L. Newton
This video-based CPE course is included in Not-for-Profit Certificate II. This track can be purchased individually or as a part of the full Certificate Program.
Learn from the experts with this video-based, on-demand learning experience. Set yourself apart and get the tools and strategies you need to sharpen your skills in not-for-profit (NFP) governance and assurance. The program builds on the core concepts as you get insights from industry leaders.
Learn how to measure performance, create a controllable budget, and drive the strategic planning process to achieve mission success. Also discussed are ethical issues, techniques to assess risks, and application of the COSO ERM Framework to develop a risk response strategy in the NFP environment.
This CPE program contains e-learning exercises, targeted case studies, and detail-rich interpretations to create a flexible, dynamic learning experience you can complete online in your own time.
- Performance measurement techniques
- NFP business models
- Grants management
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Cash flow management and operating reserves
- Risk assessment, response strategies, and internal controls
- Strategic planning
- Establishing a culture of ethical management
- Characteristics of high-performing boards of directors
- Use a performance measurement system to apply performance measurement techniques
- Recognize steps to build a realistic and controllable budget.
- Determine how strategic planning may be applied at each stage of the NFP's life cycle.
- Assess risk, develop a risk response strategy, and apply the COSO ERM framework in the NFP environment.
- Identify a process to assess, design, implement, and monitor internal controls that are appropriate for an NFP’s size, complexity, and risk
- Determine strategies to promote a culture of ethical management throughout the entity.
- Use techniques to effectively steward an NFP’s resources to achieve mission success
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.