Not-for-Profit Certificate II
Demonstrate your leadership in the not-for-profit (NFP) field. Get intermediate training on NFP accounting and financial reporting, governance and assurance, and tax compliance. This convenient certificate program appeals to all learning styles and levels and lets you work at your own pace.
NASBA Field of Study
Hands-on application and strategy training for not-for-profit professionals
For those with a solid foundation in the core knowledge areas of nonprofit financials, Not-for-Profit Certificate II offers the hands-on application and strategic knowledge you need to advance to the next level of nonprofit financial responsibility.
Whether you work for or with a nonprofit, this 30-hour CPE program will help you apply proven best-practices to diverse nonprofit environments.
Good work requires good tools
This unique training program provides new and better insights to strengthen your financials, enhance your compliance with accounting rules, and implement best practices for all aspects of nonprofit financials, including accounting & financial reporting, governance & assurance, and tax compliance.
Courses included in this program
Not-for-Profit Certificate II - Tax Compliance
- Form 990 Preparation: Schedules
- Form 990 Preparation: Core Form
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) Case Studies
- Maintaining Tax Exemption
Not-for-Profit Certificate II - Financial Reporting
- Statement of Financial Position
- Statement of Activities
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Statement of Functional Expenses
- Financial Statement Note Disclosures for NFPs
- Interpreting and Analyzing Financial Statements
- Preparing Consolidated Financial Statements
Not-for-Profit Certificate II - Governance and Assurance
- Aligning Mission and Strategy
- Budget Considerations for Not-for-Profits
- Ethical Issues in Not-for-Profits
- Performance Measurement for Not-for-Profits
- Applying the COSO ERM Framework
- Risk Assessment for NFP
Spotlight your accomplishment online
Successful completion earns a digital badge you can showcase anywhere on the web — including LinkedIn, your company's website or online resume. Your Certificate and digital badge information will be sent to you once you've completed the program.
Build the practical, marketable skills you need by earning one of our popular Not-for-Profit Certificates.
- Tax compliance considerations, including fully updated information related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Key factors in defining and measuring mission success, including performance measurement, risk assessment, benchmarking, cash flow management, and forecasting
- Financial statement preparation for not-for-profit organizations
- Core IRS Form 990 preparations
- Budgeting for not-for-profit organizations
- Strategic planning for not-for-profit organizations
- Design and management of internal controls
- Prepare a complete set of NFP financial statements, a budget, a strategic plan, and the core IRS Form 990 and supplemental materials.
- Analyze financial statements to assess an NFP’s financial health.
- Evaluate facts and circumstances to determine whether a tax-exempt organization has reporting requirements or a tax liability for unrelated business income tax (UBIT).
- Apply techniques to effectively steward an NFP's resources to achieve mission success, including performance measurement, risk assessment and response strategies, benchmarking, cash flow management, and forecasting.
- Identify a process to assess, design, implement and monitor internal controls.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.