New Staff: Practical Application- Auditing Prepaid and Other Current Assets
This CPE course covers processes and procedures to successfully audit prepaid and other current assets. It also covers professional standards and risk assessment steps related to this area.
NASBA Field of Study
Lynford Graham, Tom Noce
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Audit Staff Essentials - New Staff: Practical Application staff training bundle.
Gain the knowledge necessary to successfully audit prepaid and other current assets.
Understand that prepaid and other current assets represent smaller individual items but may be significant to the entity nonetheless.
Learn how these accounts — commonly consisting of prepaid expenses that must be recognized on a pro rata basis and other assets such as investments, short-term notes, and industry−specific transactions (for instance, costs in excess of billings) —often require complex estimates.
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- Relevant professional standards related to auditing prepaid and other current assets
- Audit objectives and assertions for prepaid and other current assets
- Risk assessment for prepaid and other current assets
- Application of guidance and a prepaid and other current assets case study
- Recall the audit objectives and related assertions applicable to prepaid and other current assets.
- Identify the common audit procedures or techniques for obtaining audit evidence in the prepaid and other current assets area.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.