New Staff: Practical Application - Auditing Debt
This CPE course discusses issues related to recognition and measurement of long-term debt, including confirming balances, recalculating accrued interest, and the recognition of interest expense.
NASBA Field of Study
Lynford Graham, Tom Noce
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Audit Staff Essentials - New Staff: Practical Application staff training bundle.
Learn about the relatively straightforward issues relating to recognition and measurement of long-term debt as well as the more challenging issues relating to presentation and disclosure.
Understand the more mechanical side of auditing debt, including confirming balances, recalculating accrued interest, and the recognition of interest expense.
Learn how to ensure that your working papers contain sufficient appropriate evidence to support related financial statement disclosures.
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- Relevant professional standards
- Audit objectives and assertions
- Risk assessment and commonly identified risks
- Common audit procedures and application of professional standards
- Recall the audit objectives and related assertions in the debt area.
- Identify the basic audit procedures over the debt process, including those surrounding risk and fraud, and apply those procedures to a commonly encountered audit situation.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.