Multi-State Taxation - Tax Staff Essentials
Does a business have nexus in a particular jurisdiction? At the current rate of change, you can't afford to have out-of-date knowledge of this critical tax area.
NASBA Field of Study
Andrew H. Johnson
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 2 online bundle.
Learn about multistate taxation to better guide your clients. Conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues of multistate taxation so you can guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes.
Spotlighting updates on the latest state tax reforms, this CPE self-study course will help you develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities.
Who Will Benefit
Tax practitioners with corporate taxation experience who have clients working in numerous states.
- Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
- Nexus, UDITPA, and MTC
- Calculation of state taxable income
- Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
- Apportionment and allocation
- Multistate income tax planning
- Audit defense strategies
- Describe the key principles of multistate taxation.
- Advise your clients on the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions.
- Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize your client’s overall sales and income tax liability.
- Gauge the impact of recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
- Determine to what extent the state taxation of internet-based transactions may affect current and future client activities.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.