Microsoft Power BI: Power BI Series
A nine-part self-study online series created to help you develop the skills necessary to use Microsoft Power BI tools.
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software and Applications
Power up your Excel data analysis skills!
This nine-part self-study online series will help you develop the skills necessary to use Microsoft Power BI tools, which will allow you to perform enhanced data analysis.
In 2010, Microsoft released PowerPivot, a new data analysis tool that removed the weaknesses of Excel PivotTables. PowerPivot took Excel from a low-end data analytics tool to one of the most sophisticated and comprehensive tools used. Since 2010, Microsoft has continued its development of end-user data analysis tools. This entire suite of products is called Power BI.
These courses are presented using Excel 2019/Office 365, but most concepts covered apply to all versions of Excel. Courses include:
- Introduction to MS Power BI Tools
- Prepare Your Data Efficiently for Excel Analysis
- Analyze Your Data with Excel Pivot Tables
- Create Excel Dashboards for Maximum Impact
- Use Power Query to Transform Your Data
- Go Beyond Pivot Tables with Power Pivot
- Use Advanced Calculations with Dax Formulas
- Use PBI Desktop to Create Reports and Dashboards
- Share Your Data Analysis Using PowerBI.com
- The challenge of using Excel for data analysis
- Introduction to the various Power BI tools
- A tour of each tool's interface
- Recognize how Power BI tools can help with your data analysis needs.
- Identify uses for each Power BI tool.
- Select which Power BI tool will meet your organization's strategy.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.