Medical, Disability, and Property and Casualty Insurance
Covers the various definitions of disability, the numerous riders and options available, and the variety of sources for disability income benefits.
NASBA Field of Study
Tom Tillery, Susan M. Tillery
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Risk Management and Insurance Planning Certificate Program.
Health insurance is affected not only by tax law, but by other legislation, as well.
In this audiovisual CPE course, Tom Tillery covers significant pieces of legislation affecting your clients' health care. Of all the insurance contracts that will need to be employed in a client's personal financial plan, the disability insurance contract is one of the most difficult to apply.
This course will educate you in the various definitions of disability, the numerous riders and options available, and the variety of sources for disability income benefits.
Planning for property and casualty insurance is more than simply insuring the risk; it is the process of integrating property and casualty insurance contracts into the overall risk management plan. This course will give you the tools you need to master this complicated area.
- Health Insurance
- Significant legislation, plan features, types of plans, tax advantaged plans, taxation and income tax planning, integration with PFP
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Types, policy provisions, self-insuring, taxation and tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP
- Disability Insurance
- Sources of compensation, policy definitions, optional benefits and riders, business disability plans, taxation and income tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP
- Property and Casualty Insurance
- Homeowners, personal auto, excess liability, taxation and income tax planning, integration with other areas of PFP
- Identify a hybrid managed care plan.
- Determine which Medicare program is sold by a private insurance company.
- Select a tax-advantaged plan that may be used to supplement retirement income.
- Distinguish between a group and an individual long-term care insurance contract.
- Recall the program that provides disability insurance coverage for workplace accidents.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.