MBAexpress: Key Concepts of Leadership Strategy – V 2.0 | BUNDLE (6 COURSES)
This course provides an overview of the key elements of a traditional MBA to help you improve your leadership skills. Topics discussed include emotional intelligence, good governance, principles of improvisation, and more.
NASBA Field of Study
Peter Margaritis, Jennifer H. Elder
MBAexpress provides essential business savvy over the course of 6 1-hour online learning modules.
Emotional Intelligence - V 2.0: Emotional intelligence in the workplace is about understanding how you affect others and how others affect you.
Essence of Entrepreneurship – V 2.0: This course will discuss an alternative approach to building your business plan, along with a candid discussion of the “dark side” of being an entrepreneur.
Good Governance – V 2.0: Discuss risk factors and liabilities related to governance and the importance of setting the “tone at the top” for ethical behavior.
Latest in Leadership - V 2.0: This program will explore leadership through a different lens by evaluating your leadership style and how to capitalize on your own personal strengths.
Smarter Decision Making – V 2.0: This course will help you understand and build decision-making.
Teamwork and High-Performance Teams – V 2.0: This course will discuss the skills and principles that are used in building successful teams, including trust, respect, support, adaptation, listening.
This course has been developed by the Business Learning Institute. The Business Learning Institute, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site: www.nasba.org.
- CPAs, corporate finance teams, business leaders and other financial professionals.
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Benefits of emotional intelligence
- Steps to increase your emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence in decision-making
- Skills to get ahead
- Relationship management
- Why current business plans that focus primarily on the numbers is the wrong approach
- People, Opportunity, Context, Risk and Reward
- The dark side of being an entrepreneur
- Lead Generation Strategies
- Duty of Care
- Duty of Loyalty
- Increased Risk Factors
- Minimizing Liability
- Ethical Organization Strategies
- Leadership attributes
- Leadership styles
- Listening to understand vs. listening to respond
- Decision- Making Styles
- Solving Problems
- Decision fatigue
- Organizational factors
- Anchor effect
- Psychological factors
- Team size
- Skills needed on a team
- What makes a team dysfunctional?
- Characteristics of a high performing team
- The positive effects of ‘Yes and”
- This course will prepare you to:
- Define emotional intelligence
- Recognize now the difference between IQ and EQ
- Identify 5 attributes of emotional intelligence
- Identify 4 steps to increasing your emotional intelligence
- Identify the key to focus on when starting a business
- Identify the four components of a non-traditional business plan
- Recognize the importance of your team's resume
- Recognize the personal challenges of being an entrepreneur
- Recognize the composition of "those charged with governance"
- Identify responsibilities of those charged with governance
- Recognize how to minimize liability related to governance
- Describe Duty of Care and Duty of Loyalty
- Identify the key attributes in being a good leader
- Describe how improvisation is a major characteristic of being a leader
- Illustrate the importance of listening to understand vs. listening to respond
- Identify factors that impact decisions
- Recognize decision-making styles
- Describe a decision-making process
- Define the term improvisation
- Identify the core principles of improvisational as it relates to teams
- Recognize ways to keep your team productive
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.