IRS Disputes: Identifying Options for Your Client - Tax Staff Essentials
Understand IRS audit processes so you can represent your clients with confidence.
NASBA Field of Study
Wendy E. Kravit
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 4 online bundle.
Understand IRS audits
Learn what could trigger an IRS audit for your client. Understand how to negotiate, settle on appeal, and qualify for an IRS collection program.
Know the options
Know how to evaluate your client's best options for dealing with the IRS. This course provides CPE credit in the Tax field of study.
Who Will Benefit
- Intermediate and experienced CPAs
- Enrolled agents
- Assessment processes
- Audit selection, examination, and the appeals process
- Installment agreements
- Offers in compromise
- Advising delinquent taxpayers
- The IRS collection process for tax liens, levy, seizure, and sale
- Bankruptcy and the effect on tax liabilities
- Practice before the IRS
- Business taxation
- Tax liens levy seizure
- Evaluate IRS audit trends and the audit selection process.
- Determine when an IRS request could be challenged.
- Identify the timing, scope, and location of various IRS audits.
- Recognize IRS audit techniques and inquiries and appeal rights.
- Manage the information document request process and evaluate the contents of a revenue agent report.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.