Introduction to Long-Term Finance
Understand accounting for transactions in a foreign currency and the translation of foreign operations included in group financial statements.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Authored by an extensive network of global SMEs in connection with AICPA and CIMA staff.
Long-term financing options
Long-term finance is required to meet the long-term investment plans of an organisation to be able to operate over time. Gain the knowledge of different long-term financing options available through this course.
Acquire new skills to demonstrate your proficiency
- Foreign currency transactions
- Financial statement presentation
- Ordinary and preference shares
- Long-term finance options and risk
Gain practical experience
The practical hands-on exercise uses real-world examples, designed to give accounting and finance professionals real-world knowledge and an understanding of how long-term financing operates.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.
- Global accounting and finance professionals
- Management accounting professionals
- Finance vice presidents
- Finance directors
- CPAs and CAs
- Introduction to long-term finance
- Equity finance - Ordinary shares
- Equity finance - Preference shares
- Identify the purpose of and common types of long-term finance.
- Recognize the features of ordinary shares and the advantages and disadvantages of using them for long-term finance.
- Recognize the types and characteristics of preference shares and the advantages and disadvantages of using them for long-term finance.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.