Introduction to Business Acquisitions - Tax Staff Essentials
Introduces you to the most common types of business acquisitions and equips you with necessary tax related skills.
NASBA Field of Study
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 online bundle.
Learn about taxes for business acquisition.
Learn skills to offer tax advice to a client or employer who is considering buying or selling a business.
Learn about the most common types of business acquisitions and the necessary tax-related skills.
In addition to a thorough overview of buying and selling, including guidance on due diligence procedures and best practices, you will learn how to properly calculate, document, and value a business acquisition transaction.
Who Will Benefit
- Transaction basics
- Due diligence
- Asset-based versus stock-based transactions
- Transaction terms
- Buyer and seller best practices
- Golden parachutes
- Section 382 limitations
- Recall the steps in a business acquisition.
- Recognize the team of advisers involved with the acquisition transaction.
- Recall key points related to due diligence procedures and transaction documentation.
- Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business.
- Identify key buyer groups and the impact of a sale on those groups.
- Determine compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.