International Tax Transactions I
Focuses on the international tax implications cross-border Sections 367 and and inversion transactions.
NASBA Field of Study
Build a solid foundation.
This self-study online course is part of the U.S. International Tax Certificate, a comprehensive learning program geared to help global finance and accounting professionals navigate the highly complex world of international taxation. This course can be purchased individually or as part of the U.S. International Tax: Advanced Issues bundle. You must purchase the bundle to earn the digital badge.
The CPE self-study course focuses on the international tax implications cross-border Sections 367 and inversion transactions.
- Stock acquisitions
- Inversion rules under Section 7874
- Related party stock sales
- Interpret when and how Section 367(b) alters the application of the general reorganization non-recognition tax rules of Section 332, 351, 355, and 368
- Assess whether a reorganization or restructuring may qualify as an “inversion” subject to the rules of Section 7874
- Evaluate the considerations of making a Section 338 election in a cross-border transaction
- Evaluate whether a related party stock sale could give rise to dividend income due to the application of Section 304
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.