Information Security Governance
Provides participants with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain an effective framework for information security governance.
NASBA Field of Study
Gwen Bettwy, Mike Beevers, Mark Williams
The essential competencies you need to understand information security strategies.
Information security governance is an essential part of any organization or firm's cybersecurity strategy. This CPE course will provide participants with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain an effective framework for information security governance. You will also recognize the policies, controls and countermeasure procedures to ensure proper control and compliance over confidentiality, availability and information.
Please note: If you are seeking the CITP credential this course provides essential competencies on the learning pathway towards understanding information security strategies to help guide and maintain access control polices and procedures in alignment with organizational objectives and compliance requirements.
- Elements of security policy
- Organizational risk assessment
- Identity and access management
- Logical and physical access controls
- Network and system security controls
- Buiness continuity planning
- Disaster recovery
- Recognize and differentiate information security policies and strategies to guide the development of standards and procedures, in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Identify and analyze risk management processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable security, privacy laws and regulations.
- Identify and differentiate among the four types of access control: identification, authentication, authorization, and accountability.
- Identify logical and physical access controls necessary to safeguard critical systems and information pursuant to compliance requirements.
- Identify incident response processes for detecting and responding to security risks.
- Determine the proper steps to implement comprehensive business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response plans.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.