Income Tax Accounting - Tax Staff Essentials
Learn to understand the complicated accounting model, FASB Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 740, Income Taxes — its rules are becoming more challenging as businesses become more complex. Both public accountants and tax staff in industry will be prepared for tax provision work.
NASBA Field of Study
Bobby J. Carmichael
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 online bundle.
How has tax reform affected income tax accounting?
Understand how the rules of FASB ASC 740 establish guidelines for accounting for income taxes, including income tax expense, classification of deferred tax accounts, and related disclosures — all updated for tax reform.
Practical case studies will give you a look at how to account for different deferred tax scenarios. Comparisons of the accounting for income taxes under both U.S. GAAP and IFRS are detailed.
This course provides CPE credit in the Accounting field of study.
Who Will Benefit?
- Tax staff and senior associates
- Tax directors
- Principles of FASB ASC 740
- Income tax expense and deferred tax liabilities and assets
- Valuation allowances
- Proper documentation of deferred income taxes in working papers
- Required disclosures within the financial
- Recall the principles of FASB ASC 740, Income Taxes.
- Recall how to calculate income tax expense and deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Identify steps necessary to determine the valuation allowance.
- Identify components of proper documentation of deferred income taxes in the working papers, as well as required disclosures within the financial statements.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.