IFRS: Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets (IAS 37)
Addresses requirements of IAS 37, Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets.
NASBA Field of Study
This course is part of the IFRS Certificate Program — a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that will give you the foundational training, knowledge, and practical guidance in international accounting standards necessary in today's global business environment.
This self-study course addresses requirements of IAS 37, Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets, including the following:
- Scope and scope exceptions of the standard
- Recognition criteria and measurement bases
- Disclosure requirements
This course includes interactive learning elements, video content, and real-life application through case studies.
Note: Individual courses purchased within the last year can be applied toward the purchase of the IFRS Certificate Program. Find out more.
- Accounting and finance professionals who work for private or public multinational organizations whose parent entity or subsidiaries have adopted IFRS
- Accountants in public practice who provide audit or assurance services to private or public multinational organizations that have adopted IFRS
- Identify the existence of a provision, contingent liability, and a contingent asset
- Identify when to recognize and measure a provision.
- Recognize when a contingent item should be disclosed.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.