IFRS: Investment Property (IAS 40)
Familiarize yourself with the initial classification, recognition, and measurement of investment property under IAS 40, Investment Property.
NASBA Field of Study
This course is part of the IFRS Certificate Program — a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that will give you the foundational training, knowledge, and practical guidance in international accounting standards necessary in today's global business environment.
The self-study course will familiarize you with the initial classification, recognition, and measurement of investment property under IAS 40, Investment Property. This course also covers:
- Other issues subsequent to initial recognition
This course includes interactive learning elements, video content, and real-life application through case studies.
Note: Individual courses purchased within the last year can be applied toward the purchase of the IFRS Certificate Program. Find out more.
- Accounting and finance professionals who work for private or public multinational organizations whose parent entity or subsidiaries have adopted IFRS
- Accountants in public practice who provide audit or assurance services to private or public multinational organizations that have adopted IFRS
- Recognize when an asset meets the definition of investment property and falls within the scope of IAS 40, Investment Property.
- Identify the measurement options for investment property.
- Identify the financial reporting implications of choosing each accounting model on the financial statements.
- Recall how to account for transfers into and out of the investment property classification.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.