IFRS: Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors (IAS 8)
Addresses requirements of IAS 8, Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors.
NASBA Field of Study
This course is part of the IFRS Certificate Program — a comprehensive, integrated curriculum that will give you the foundational training, knowledge, and practical guidance in international accounting standards necessary in today's global business environment.
This self-study course course addresses requirements of IAS 8, Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors, including the following:
- Components of accounting policies
- Selection of accounting policies
- Changes in accounting policies and related disclosure requirements
- Changes to accounting estimates and related disclosure requirements
- Correction of a prior-period error and related disclosure requirements
This course includes interactive learning elements, video content, and real-life application through case studies.
Note: Individual courses purchased within the last year can be applied toward the purchase of the IFRS Certificate Program. Find out more.
- Determine how to select an accounting policy.
- Identify the criteria for determining when it is appropriate to change an accounting estimate.
- Identify criteria that should be applied when selecting and changing accounting policies.
- Recognize the impact on the financial statements of changing an accounting policy or estimate.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.