Fundamentals of Governmental Accounting and Reporting: GAAP, Budgeting, MFBOA
Gain a foundational knowledge of fund accounting and budgeting for state and local governments.
NASBA Field of Study
Rebecca Meyer, Bruce Chase
GAAP, budgeting and MFBOA
Understand the relationship among the government environment and GAAP; budgeting; and measurement focus and basis of accounting.
Understand how governments use budgets to show that they spent resources only for purposes approved by elected officials.
Understand how the same transaction can be reported differently by different funds.
Learn how the measurement focus and basis of accounting determines which transactions a fund records and when they should be recorded.
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals working in the state and local government environment
- Auditors with state and local government clients who seek a refresher in fundamental governmental accounting and reporting concepts
- The governmental environment and GAAP
- Measurement focus and basis of accounting (MFBOA)
- Identify unique aspects of the governmental environment.
- Recognize the role of budgets in governments.
- Apply the appropriate MFBOA to fund accounting and reporting.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.