Fundamentals of Governmental Accounting and Reporting: Fund Accounting and Financial Statements
This course offers accounting professionals that work in state and local governments and auditors of those entities a foundation in fund accounting and reporting.
NASBA Field of Study
Fund accounting and reporting
Understand how revenues and expenditures are recognized and recorded in governmental funds.
Understand how proprietary funds are used to account for a government’s business-type activities.
Understand how governments use funds to provide financial information and report the activities of assets held for others.
Learn how fund financial statements provide important information — how much was received, spent, and what remains — on how the separate components of a government performed for the year.
Who Will Benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals working in the state and local government environment
- Auditors with state and local government clients who seek a refresher in fundamental governmental accounting and reporting concepts
- Fund accounting and the financial reporting model
- Governmental, proprietary, and fiduciary funds
- Fund financial statements
- Identify the governmental fund types and fund categories.
- Identify how revenues and expenditures are recognized and recorded in governmental funds.
- Recognize how proprietary funds are used to account for a government business-type activity.
- Recognize how governments use trust and custodial funds to report the activities of assets held for others.
- Identify how governments often make resource allocation decisions by fund, and how governments must provide financial information by funds in order to demonstrate accountability.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.