Fundamentals of ESG Certificate
Kick-start your understanding of ESG (Environmental protection, Social inclusion, and Governance) issues with this course, designed to help you learn how the landscape has developed and the key role CPAs and finance professionals have to play.
NASBA Field of Study
Take advantage of the introductory price through December 31, 2022!
For CPAs and finance professionals, ESG has rapidly become a hot topic with significant implications for the profession.
This course will help you recognize the importance of sustainability and ESG in today’s business environment and the increasing stakeholder demand for sustainability information from businesses.
You’ll gain an overview of ESG that will help you develop an understanding of what issues each pillar entails.
You’ll be introduced to the key bodies that have created suitable reporting standards, guidelines, frameworks, and requirements that have evolved and merged in a drive toward a global baseline.
Receive a certificate and digital badge to showcase your new knowledge in this developing area. Get started on your ESG journey today!
- What is ESG?
- Expectations of investors, stakeholders, and shareholders
- Accountant role within ESG
- Existing reporting requirements
- Standards and frameworks that drive reporting
- Key global bodies that set the baseline for reporting and frameworks
- Identify the key aspects in each area of environment, social, and governance.
- Recognize the expectations of investors and the impact on business.
- Assess the responsibility of businesses for key ESG issues.
- Recognize the business case for implementing sustainable practices.
- Identify the role of the accounting and auditing profession in sustainability.
- Recognize the current sustainability reporting frameworks and reporting requirements.
Who Will Benefit
- Any accounting or finance professional who wants to understand more about the current governing bodies, frameworks, and reporting requirements for ESG.
- Accounting and finance professionals who provide ESG assurance or advisory services for clients and need to stay well informed about the current requirements and evolving nature of ESG.
- Management accountants who have a key role in driving sustainable strategic and operational decisions for which it is crucial to understand the business case for ESG, and what it means for investors, stakeholders, and businesses.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.