Forensic Engagement Management - Part 1 and Part 2
This CPE course provides practical scenario exercises which help describe the nuances in accepting and planning a forensic accounting engagement which presents different risks than a typical consulting or audit engagement.
NASBA Field of Study
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Core Forensic Accounting Certificate.
Narrated by an industry subject matter expert, this CPE course describes the nuances in accepting and planning a forensic accounting engagement which presents different risks than a typical consulting or audit engagement. This CPE course includes two courses (part 1 and 2). Each course identifies and analyzes factors relating to forensic engagement acceptance, planning for staffing and gathering information to execute a successful engagement. This course features application exercises that cover topics such as accepting a forensic case, conflict of interest and staffing.
This course will prepare you to do the following:
- Recall and apply the appropriate preliminary procedures and considerations related to engagement acceptance
- Assess factors related to case acceptance
- Identify and analyze potential conflicts of interest
- Identify and apply the steps to formalize the client engagement letter or agreement, including verification of the client's understanding of scope
- Apply considerations for selecting the appropriate staff for an engagement based on engagement characteristics.
- Identify key points related to appropriate supervision and assess whether adequate supervision exists based on situational examples.
- Determine the steps in effective engagement planning to control budgets.
- Identify what types of information may be more responsive than others and how to prioritize those sources.
- Preliminary engagement procedures
- Forensic engagement acceptance
- Conflicts of interest
- Engagement letter
- Engagement scope
- Staffing and supervision
- Budget planning
- Gathering, organizing, and analyzing information
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.