Financial Performance and Ratio Analysis
Recognize the purpose and methods of financial statement analysis and understand important financial metrics, including profitability ratios, efficiency and activity ratios, liquidity ratios, gearing and capital structure ratios, and cash flow ratios.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Authored by an extensive network of global SMEs in connection with AICPA and CIMA staff.
What financial ratios tell you
The research of underlying accounting principles used in compiling financial statements and the assessment of profitability and efficiency all call for qualitative data analysis. Learn to recognise, interpret, and analyse financial statements using important financial ratios. Understand how liquidity ratios, gearing/capital structure ratios, and cash flow ratios allow the users of financial statements to inform an organisation's position and help the stakeholder to make a more informed decision.
Acquire new skills to demonstrate your proficiency:
- Purpose of financial statement analysis
- Frameworks for analysis
- Common efficiency / activity ratios
- Common profitability ratios
- Common liquidity ratios
- Common gearing and capital structure ratios
- Common cash flow ratios
Gain practical experience
Use genuine examples such as case studies and scenarios designed to give you the skills to evaluate business performance and get a deeper understanding of ways to improve the business performance and align with organisation goals. Financial statement analysis can assist the decision-making process by focussing on the key indicators to remain a long-term, viable going concern.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.
- Global accounting and finance professionals
- Management accounting professionals
- Finance vice presidents
- Finance directors
- CPAs and CAs
- Introduction to financial statement analysis
- Profitability ratios
- Efficiency and activity ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Gearing and capital structure ratios
- Cash flow ratios
- Recognise the purpose and methods of financial statement analysis, including ratio analysis.
- Analyse relevant profitability ratios for an organisation.
- Analyse relevant efficiency and activity ratios for an organisation.
- Analyse relevant liquidity ratios for an organisation.
- Analyse relevant gearing/capital structure ratios for an organisation.
- Analyse relevant cash flow ratios for an organisation.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.