Experienced Staff/New In-Charge - Research Tools
Get to know your research tools.
NASBA Field of Study
Lynford Graham, Tom Noce
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Audit Staff Essentials - Experienced Staff/New In-Charge staff training bundle.
Increase your research skills and increase your fluency in ways to determine answers to complex questions surrounding accounting treatments, so that you can support your work with authoritative standards.
Refresh your knowledge of GAAP and FASB Accounting Standards Codification® (ASC) and understand the structure and built−in tools in FASB ASC to help increase your research efficiency.
Learn about the sources of generally accepted auditing standards and how to access and research your auditing questions.
- New in-charge auditors
- Experienced staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- History of FASB ASC
- FASB ASC structure
- Using FASB ASC for research
- Researching GAAS
- Recall the history and structure of FASB ASC.
- Identify the steps to effectively and efficiently research accounting issues, using FASB ASC, for the preparation and fair presentation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Identify the sources of generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
- Assess research issues and demonstrate mastery through commonly encountered research situations.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.