Experienced Staff/New In-Charge - Auditing Intangible Assets and Goodwill
A review of accounting for intangible assets and the history of accounting for goodwill, this CPE course addresses the common risks, internal controls and auditing procedures for intangible assets and goodwill.
NASBA Field of Study
Lynford Graham, Tom Noce
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Audit Staff Essentials - Experienced Staff/New In-Charge staff training bundle.
Review the accounting for intangible assets as well as the history and current accounting for goodwill.
In this CPE self-study course, you will learn about the common risks, internal controls, and auditing procedures for intangible assets and goodwill.
- Experienced staff
- New in-charge auditors
- Accounting for intangible assets and goodwill
- Auditing intangible assets
- Auditing goodwill
- Risk assessment
- Common audit procedures
- Identify intangible assets and goodwill and the appropriate accounting for each type.
- Recall the audit objectives and related assertions in the area of intangible assets and goodwill.
- Identify basic processes, controls, and audit procedures in the intangible assets and goodwill area, and identify weaknesses and possible solutions.
- Recall the common audit procedures surrounding intangible assets and goodwill and demonstrate mastery through a commonly encountered audit situation.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.