Evidence Identification and Gathering
Through narration by an industry subject matter expert and application exercises, this CPE course describes topics such as types of evidence, the process to find the evidence, reviewing and analyzing documents, as well as finding and verifying electronic evidence.
NASBA Field of Study
Dr. Robert K. Minniti
This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Core Forensic Accounting Certificate.
Factual evidence is the bedrock of a forensic accountant’s case. Gaining this evidence efficiently and properly is important to the forensic engagement. Through narration by an industry subject matter expert and application exercises, this CPE course describes topics such as types of evidence, the process to find the evidence, reviewing and analyzing documents, as well as finding and verifying electronic evidence.
- Information and evidence gathering
- Client records
- Research tips and tools
- Document and evidence preservation and retention
- Determine the appropriateness of different methods used to obtain and collect evidence based on situational characteristics.
- Identify the steps and documents commonly used in the custody and preservation process.
- Indicate how documents and evidence should be preserved and retained.
- Identify appropriate external sources for researching information to support your conclusions.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.