Ethics: Accounting Firm Cases
Ethical conduct is critical for the professional and the public. This course will focus on public accounting-specific ethics issues, with a special focus on recent disciplinary actions.
NASBA Field of Study
While ethics training is required by many professions, the true value of the CPA license is in understanding how critically important ethical conduct is to one another and the public. This course will focus on public accounting-specific ethics issues, with a special focus on recent disciplinary actions, as well as a public accountant's responsibilities as defined in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- CPAs, accounting & finance staff
- Real-world examples and disciplinary cases
- What went right and wrong with the behavior of others in the accounting profession
- Comparision of these cases to the standards and core values set forth in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Recognize the standards for public accountants set forth within the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Identify resources available for consultation on ethical issues, with a focus on those for CPAs in public accounting
- Recognize the overall impact of ethical and unethical conduct on the CPA profession
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.