Effective Business Communication
Empower yourself with effective communication skills in this two-part self-study course, and help improve project management and reduce misunderstandings that can cause significant financial and emotional loss to a firm.
NASBA Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
Sharpen your communication skills
Sharpen your communication skills Develop skills in effective communications in the firm setting, with an emphasis on leadership, work teams, and group development. Understand the importance of effective communications and how using appropriate words will make you a more effective manager and communicator.
Learn how to avoid vague answers that can cause numerical errors and inaccurate financial data, as well as hurt feelings and tension.
Develop the skills of using professional language in all types of business writing such as emails, memos, and client letters. This course provides CPE credit in the Communications and Marketing field of study
Who Will Benefit
- Financial advisers
- Staff at all levels
- Communication and work teams
- Communication for leaders
- Difficult communication
- The power of professional language in business writing
- Recognize the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace, and how to cope with these situations.
- Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns that may occur in the workplace.
- Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams.
- Identify the role of conflict in work teams, and approaches for dealing with the conflict.
- Indicate communication issues a leader must consider before beginning discussions with a group.
- Recognize when to eliminate wordiness, redundancy, and obscure language that should be removed from your writing.
- Select written communications that are positive, confident, clear and concise.
- Identify design, and page layout options to construct documents that are accessible and well organized.
- Indicate five techniques to make your language more positive and professional.
- Recognize the importance of descriptive language.
- Recognize how using certain words can help you avoid misinterpretation and misunderstandings
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.