Data Analytics Core Concepts Certificate
An essential guide for accounting and finance professionals. Learn core concepts in data analytics and how to conduct and apply data analytics to projects in your organization.
NASBA Field of Study
Turn data into insights
Learn core concepts in data analytics and how to conduct data analytics projects in your organization.
Be prepared to be effective no matter how your organization or industry changes by understanding key concepts — from framing the problem and defining the scope to understanding organizational requirements and gaps to effectively working with key stakeholders.
Develop the right mindset to help identify the problem and then recommend data-driven solutions.
Understand the language of data analytics so you can communicate effectively about data analytics in your organization.
Using three scenarios covering revenue analysis, financial planning and analysis, and business performance, see how data analytics can be applied in practice.
How do I receive my certificate?
Upon completion of this certificate program, you will receive a certificate in digital form. This certificate should be shared with your online professional network. See FAQS here.
This certificate is Part 1 of the Data Analyst Certificates Bundle—a comprehensive five-part program that provides training and practical guidance on the topic of data analytics.
- Accounting and finance professionals who want to enhance their data literacy, realize the untapped potential of data, and use data to make better decisions
- How to develop a data-driven mindset
- How to approach a data analytics project
- Understanding data and the data ecosystem
- Recall the characteristics of an analytical and data-driven mindset.
- Recognize how to establish objectives and desired outcomes of a data analytics project for a business or client.
- Recognize ways data is described and interpreted.
- Identify the types and categories of data.
- Recognize how data science and data analytics are connected.
- Recognize characteristics of the technology and data ecosystem for data analytics.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.