CQ Originals: Critical Thinking
Become a critical thinker and pave the way for improved problem-solving communication and collaboration skills.
NASBA Field of Study
Communications and Marketing
Anna Zucchi, Xiaoqing Wang, Clare Stewart Munn
Think critically, act decisively, live confidently
Enhance the effectiveness of both your company and team by developing critical thinking skills that allow you to identify, analyze and solve problems systematically and effectively, improving your leadership, coordination, planning, and decision-making skills.
Analyze your thoughts
- Develop the ability to analyze your thoughts and the information you receive through observation, experience, reasoning, and communication with yourself and others.
- Strengthen your leadership mindset to develop your own point of view while recognizing biases and limits.
- Identify the steps required to effectively solve problems and develop efficient strategies.
Improve and support your reasoning
Allow behavioral science to guide you through the different steps of critical thinking to help you listen with focus, gather, and analyze information to achieve your goals.
Make effective decisions
Learn how to question and evaluate evidence presented to you, examine problems from different perspectives, make correct inferences, and assess probabilities, all while recognizing your cognitive biases.
Explore how to improve your communication by effectively structuring your arguments and refining your decision-making process.
A new way to learn
Harness the power of edutainment as you dive into an entertaining learning experience that uses animation, videos, storytelling, and real-world examples that makes learning engaging, relatable, and interactive — and, perhaps most important, easy to retain and apply in your everyday life.
Expand your human intelligence skills and explore CQ Originals: Active Listening.
Who Will benefit
- Accounting and finance professionals '- Management accounting professionals
- Leaders and managers
- Non-finance professionals across other key departments including sales, digital, HR, and IT
- Critical thinking techniques
- The role of active listening
- Recognizing bias
- Individual and organizational benefits
- Recall the definition of critical thinking.
- Recognize the importance of critical thinking.
- Recognize the components of the thinking loop.
This course provides 1 hour of CPE credit in the Communications and Marketing field of study.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.