COSO Internal Control Certificate Program: Self Study Option
The updated COSO Internal Control Certificate offers you a unique opportunity to develop your expertise in designing, implementing and monitoring a system of internal control in today's technology driven world. Nine self-paced modules provide you with the knowledge necessary to understand and apply COSO's Internal Control--Integrated Framework (IC framework).
NASBA Field of Study
Develop confidence in your system of internal control
Designing and implementing a quality system of internal control can be challenging. Adapting to rapidly changing business models and emerging technologies require a sound system of internal control—and those who manage them—to be agile.
The COSO Internal Control Certificate will develop your expertise in designing, implementing, and monitoring a system of internal control.
Apply COSO concepts to several real-world scenarios in this course to learn how to add value to your own organization through improved operations, reporting and compliance.
Enhance your knowledge of the IC framework
Obtain a brief overview of the framework and then delve deeper into the details of how to assess internal control by principle. The variety of situations provided will help you apply the framework, as well as ignite thought into how they might relate to your organization. In the final module, you will see how it all comes together by assessing a system of internal control for an organization in a case study.
Once you've completed the nine self-paced, online learning modules and the online exam, you'll be able to apply your newly acquired knowledge to achieve the following:
- Major cost savings from streamlined processes and better management of compliance costs
- Enhanced quality of risk assessment
- Strengthened fraud deterring efforts
- Improved alignment with outsourced service providers
- Heightened awareness of the technological considerations as relates to internal control
Earn CPE credit and celebrate your achievement
The COSO Internal Control Certificate is an online, self-study learning program. You have 12 months to access the learning materials, making it easy to fit around your work and personal commitments.
- Individual program: Complete self-paced online learning when it's convenient for you
- Online Exam: Complete the exam at your convenience within 90 days of finishing the learning program
- Digital badge: Receive a digital badge to share with your professional network
- Categories of objectives achieved by internal control
- Components of internal control
- Principles and points of focus
- Roles and responsibilities
- Limitations of internal control
- Assess a system of internal control.
- Apply key points related to the principles-based approach.
- Recognize ways to identify, assess and respond to risks in your organization.
- Identify areas for improvement based on the results of assessing internal control.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.