Corporate Finance - Cost of Capital
As a corporate finance essential, the cost of capital enables you to understand key finance types related to companies, investors, and the interaction between them in the capital markets.
NASBA Field of Study
Business Management and Organization
Authored by an extensive network of global SMEs in connection with AICPA and CIMA staff.
Corporate finance essentials
The cost of capital represents a hurdle rate that an organisation must overcome before it can generate value, and it is used extensively in the capital budgeting process. Understand the framework, concepts, and tools for analysing financial decisions based on main types of finance.
With this course you will:
- Learn to calculate the cost of equity finance, considering different expectations of dividend growth.
- Gain practical knowledge about debt finance in a bank environment.
- Understand bond finance and the weighted average cost of capital (WACC).
- Create a better understanding of the capital budgeting process and determine which financing source may be best suited for your organisation.
Acquire new skills to demonstrate your proficiency
- Dividend valuation model and estimating growth
- Cost of debt and tax effect of borrowing
- Relative cost of different types of bank finance
- Irredeemable bonds, redeemable bonds, and convertible bonds
- Post-tax cost of convertible bonds
Gain practical experience
Use case studies and scenarios to evaluate business performance and make business decisions based on the cost of capital calculation.
This is a standalone course but if you’re interested in more of this type of learning while earning a designation, explore the CGMA® Finance Leadership Program.
- Global accounting and finance professionals
- Management accounting professionals
- Finance vice presidents
- Finance directors
- CPAs and CAs
- Cost of equity finance
- Cost of bank finance
- Cost of bond finance
- Weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Calculate the cost of equity considering different expectations of dividend growth.
- Calculate the cost of bank finance.
- Calculate the cost of bond finance.
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC).
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.