Blockchain Evolution and Technology Concepts
Covers the history and evolution of blockchain and bitcoin, as well as the underlying mechanism of blockchain.
NASBA Field of Study
Get the basics on blockchain.
This CPE course can be purchased individually, or as a part of the Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate program.
Understand the history and evolution of blockchain and bitcoin, as well as the underlying mechanism of blockchain.
Knowing the fundamentals of money and currency will reveal how bitcoin fits into the bigger picture.
Gain knowledge of core components unique to blockchain and bitcoin for accounting and finance professionals, so you can have meaningful and relevant conversations with clients.
- History of blockchain and bitcoin
- Bitcoin and blockchain characteristics
- Push vs pull paradigm
- Core components of blockchain technology
- Custody, responsibility and control continuum
- Permissioned vs permissionless blockchain
- Recall the fundamental attributes and properties of money.
- Recall the evolution of blockchain, from pre-cryptocurrency to digital and crypto assets.
- Distinguish between public and private blockchains, distributed ledger technology (DLT), and crypto assets.
- Identify the core components of blockchain technology.
- Distinguish between proof of work, proof of stake, and mining.
- Distinguish between public and private keys.
- Recall the importance of key management and the custody, responsibility, and control continuum.
- Recall the potential uses and benefits of a blockchain.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.