Audit Staff Essentials - New Staff: Practical Application
This multicourse training bundle focuses on enhancing first-year audit staff’s practical skillset. It covers internal controls, fraud considerations, analytical procedures, and more. This is a companion course to New Staff: Core Concepts.
NASBA Field of Study
Lynford Graham, Tom Noce
Level 2, New Staff: Practical Application
Strong hands-on skills development to build on conceptual training
As you take on new audit roles and responsibilities, you'll want to have in place a strong conceptual groundwork for all future audit learning.
Part of Audit Staff Essentials (ASE), Level 2: New Staff: Practical Application focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to perform duties commonly assigned to first-year audit staff.
Level 2 covers the audit process, including practical, hands-on training for internal controls, substantive testing, fraud considerations, analytical procedures, and much more. Availability separately, Level 2 courses include:
- Introduction to Internal Controls
- Fundamentals of Using Data Analytics in an Audit
- Fraud Considerations in a GAAS Audit
- Auditing Cash and Cash Equivalents
- Auditing Accounts Receivable and the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
- Auditing Inventory and Inventory Valuation
- Auditing Prepaid and Other Current Assets
- Practical Application- Auditing Property, Plant, and Equipment
- Auditing Accounts Payable and Accrued Expenses
- Auditing Debt
When taken together with Level 1 - New Staff: Core Concepts, this level will help you become a successful auditor and firm member right from the start!
About Audit Staff Essentials - Taking you on your audit learning journey.
From start to finish, Audit Staff Essentials (ASE) provides the training roadmap and support you need along your career journey. Designed to help you master your current position and excel in each phase of your career, this self-study series offers four levels that cover hands-on technical skills, conceptual expertise, and soft skill training.
Regularly refreshed, this series is perfect for individual staff members or as a comprehensive group training program for firms. Get ready to position yourself or your staff members to become successful auditors and essential firm members. Levels include:
- Recently onboarded staff
- First-year staff
- Firms that want consistent training and level setting
- Internal controls
- Fraud considerations
- Analytical procedures
- Basic auditing procedures for areas commonly assigned to new staff members
- Recall the basics of internal control, including using the work of others.
- Identify the key concerns regarding fraud considerations in a GAAS audit.
- Recall the purpose and procedures regarding analytical procedures and their use in an audit.
- Identify the potential of audit data analytics and areas where these procedures can be effective.
- Identify the audit procedures typically performed by new staff in the following areas:
- Cash and cash equivalents
- Accounts receivable
- Prepaid and other current assets
- Property, plant, and equipment
- Accounts payable
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services. The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. For accommodation requests, please contact email@example.com and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.