Application of Data Analysis Essentials Certificate
Enhance your data translation skills to help your organization reach its goals.
NASBA Field of Study
This certificate is Part 2 of the Data Analyst Certificates Bundle - a comprehensive five-part program that provides training and practical guidance on the topic of data analytics.
The Application of Data Analysis Essentials Certificate provides the core concepts and definitions of data analytics, which explain the anatomy of data as a medium, and provides fundamental statistical analysis techniques for beginning to glean useful information from data.
First, you will learn the different types of variables that make up a data set and perform meaningful calculations on data to discover and explore relationships that yield insights: central tendency, variability, probability, and distribution. Then we will delve into recognizing these qualities in their different forms and how to utilize them in practical business situations. This program offers straightforward exercises to help you practice and immediately apply what you've learned. You will also get exposure to and practice with useful concepts such as quartiles, variance, and standard deviation.
Finally, you will be introduced to one of the most powerful tools available for analyzing data: the open-source "R" platform. You will be guided through an actual use case for analyzing data using R and complete your learning by seeing how the statistical concepts you've just learned can be applied in a real-world example. By completing this certificate, you will have a solid grasp of core statistical techniques underpinning an analytics practice and practice using them in a simulated lab environment with step-by-step guidance.
Note: It is recommended that you complete Data Analytics Core Concepts, or ensure you have equivalent knowledge and skills, before starting this certificate course.
Learning Labs: This is an interactive learning program that includes bonus simulated learning labs with step-by-step guidance that will expose you to the tools needed to implement an analytics practice in a practical way and equip you to deploy those tools as needed within your organization. You will practice using various technologies for preparing, analyzing and managing datasets in the real world. *Time spent on learning labs does not award CPE and completing learning labs is not a requirement for earning the certificate.
- Accounting and finance professionals, especially those interested in learning and applying data analysis techniques to help their organizations make informed, data-driven business decisions.
- The nature and types of different variables in data sets and how to use them
- Fundamental statistical concepts for working with data
- Characteristics of data that can be used for conducting analysis
- Basic calculations for analyzing and discovering useful insights from data sets
- How to understand and calculate probability from a data set
- Different types of distribution and how they can be used
- Guided exposure to the open-source R platform and its analytics capabilities
- A practical case study exploring how statistical analysis can be used in a common fraud-detection scenario
- Examples and practice exercises throughout the program to reinforce what you learn
- Determine and classify variables.
- Calculate meaningful statistics, including central tendency, measurement and variability, basic probability, conditional probability, advanced probabilities, discrete distributions, and continuous distributions.
- Analyze statistics and distributions in R case study.
- Analyze fraud-detection case study.
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.