AICPA Peer Review Technical Reviewer Update Course
Understand the responsibilities of technical reviewers and review frequently asked questions and issues encountered by experienced technical reviewers. Learn how recent changes in peer review guidance affect the technical review process.
NASBA Field of Study
AICPA Peer Review Program Staff
The latest developments
Understand the latest developments in peer review and recent activity from the Peer Review Board and their effect on your role as a technical reviewer.
Learn about the most common areas on noncompliance with professional standards uncovered by peer reviewers.
Peer Review Education Requirements
- This course satisfies a training requirement for technical reviewers at peer review administering entities.
- Individuals who serve as a technical reviewer of peer review documentation for a peer review administering entity
- Identify recent, relevant peer review guidance that should be used when performing technical reviews.
- Understand recent RAB observation findings and consider ways to prevent these issues.
- Distinguish responsibilities of a technical reviewer in the report acceptance process.
- Apply best practices when evaluating and providing recommendations to RABs regarding peer review documentation submitted for technical review.
- Identify significant elements of the current Enhancing Audit Quality (EAQ) initiative
- Recall the most recent developments in the Peer Review Program
- Recognize common reviewer feedback items
Group ordering for your team
The Association is dedicated to removing barriers to the accountancy profession and ensuring that all accountancy professionals and other members of the public with an interest in the profession or joining the profession, including those with disabilities, have access to the profession and the Association's website, educational materials, products, and services.The Association is committed to making professional learning accessible to all product users. This commitment is maintained in accordance with applicable law. For additional information, please refer to the Association's Website Accessibility Policy. As part of this commitment, this product is closed-captioned. For additional accommodation requests please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the product that you are interested in (title, etc.) and the requested accommodation(s): Audio/Visual/Other. A member of our team will be in contact with you promptly to make sure we meet your needs appropriately.